| or Call: 408-753-9526

Tweet Me!


Areas of Practice:

Power of Attorney
Elder Law
Asset Protection
Estate Planning in San Jose
Health Care Directive

Professional Affiliations

JDSUPRA - Your Legal Intelligence

Member of the State Bar of California

Santa Clara County Bar Association

Anthony Delas Is a Member of the Merchant Circle

Tony Delas Law on Yelp


  • Flat Fee

  • Home Visits

  • Flexible Hours

Click here for a free ESTATE PLAN Evaluation.

If you have a child under the age of 18 you need to designate a guardian for the child and the child’s assets. The person(s) you name will essentially take over your role as a parent in case you pass away. You may wish to name one guardian for person and one guardian for the assets. This provides for some checks and balances going forward. A successor guardian should also be named in case of divorce, death, incapacity, inability to act or unavailability of the primary guardian. 

The guardian’s primary duties are to assure the child needs are taken care of as you would do it yourself. The assets that you leave would normally be used for the child’s health, education, sports, travel and other activities as you may specify.